Comprehensive Surgical Care for our Patients
When your pet needs surgery, ACVC’s veterinarians are on hand to perform a wide array of procedures using the latest and safest in anesthesia and surgical techniques.
To maximize safety and comfort for our surgical patients, our veterinarians use a variety of pre-anesthetic medications tailored to the unique needs of each patient. Pre-anesthetic medications are designed to calm and sedate your pet prior to receiving general anesthesia. For general anesthesia, we use injectable anesthetics to induce anesthesia and gas anesthesia to maintain anesthesia, depending on the nature and duration of the procedure. A dedicated technician closely monitors your pet during all anesthetic procedures.
The combination of individualized pre-anesthetic medications, injectable and gas anesthesia, and dedicated monitoring ensures a highly controlled degree or plane of anesthesia and rapid recovery upon completion of the procedure.
ACVC’s surgical offerings are as diverse as our patients. Our veterinarians perform:
- Routine soft-tissue procedures such as spays and neuters
- Advanced soft-tissue procedures to treat conditions that involve your pet’s stomach, intestines, or urinary bladder
- Cancer care procedures, including mass removal and biopsy
- Trauma and wound care, as well as procedures involving infection and abscesses
ACVC veterinarians perform a wide variety of orthopedic procedures tailored to your pet’s individual needs. These procedures include:
- Repairs for fractures and dislocations
- Surgical care of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries:
- Lateral suture techniques for smaller dogs and cats with ACL injuries
- Tightrope procedure for larger dogs with ACL injuries
- Surgical correction of Luxating Patellas in dogs
We’re here for you and your pet.
Please call us at 814-364-2040 if you have questions or would like more information on our surgical services.