Like dogs and cats, small mammals, birds, and exotic pets require yearly exams and preventative care in order to stay healthy. We see and treat a wide variety of small mammals, including ferrets, rabbits, pet skunks, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats and mice, and hamsters. In addition to small mammals, we also treat all types of pet birds (macaws, cockatoos, parrots, cockatiels, parakeets, lovebirds, and finches), as well as many types of reptiles and amphibians.
Successful exotic animal care starts with basic husbandry, and we can help and guide you in providing the optimal housing and environment for your unique pet. We have the facilities and experience to treat many different species of exotic pets, and we also stock specialty medications, vaccines, and other products unique to these pets.
In addition to in-depth care consultation, we offer specialized medical care, bloodwork, diagnostic imaging (X-Rays and Ultrasound), and numerous anesthetic/surgical procedures including:
- Routine spay/neuter of rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
- Advanced soft tissue surgery to treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary bladder.
- Advanced soft tissue surgery for growths and tumors.
- Orthopedic surgery including fracture repair and amputations.
- Tooth trimming and reshaping, including specialized oral surgery for rabbits and rodents.
We’re here for you and your pet.
Please call us at 814-364-2040 if you have any questions or would like more information on our small mammal, avian, and exotic animal services.